Friday, May 1, 2009

Here's the Completed Piece...


This is Mortin Mooselstein. He's my first attempt at using mixed media. His body is made with Paper Clay. I wasn't quite sure if I was going to like it or not because I like instant gratification, and you have to wait (patiently) for the Paper Clay to dry. And then I wasn't sure if I would be able to add the detail that I love so much. But as you can see, I was! And it painted up beautifully with acrylic paint. The result being that I was able to make a much larger piece than I would normally get to make because the Paper Clay is oh so light! The rest of Mortin is of course Polymer Clay, (I'm not going to go crazy with paper, at least not yet...).

2 comments:

Primgrl1 said...

Hi Kim!!
Boy I've seen enough moose up here in Alaska to last me a life time but Kim, this is by far the most adorable and cutest moose I've seen in a long time. I love those legs!!! Fantastic job!

Primgrl1 :)

Kim Owens said...

Thank you, that's quite a compliment!! ☼Ü☼

Post a Comment