Sunday, February 27, 2011

New~

Tilly the Tightrope Walker

is all ready to make her debut after a long retirement. She's put on a little weight since her heyday, but she's willing to see if she's still got it!




Tilly was created my me, using my own home made paper clay. Her slippers were created using custom colored polymer clay.

Once cured, she was hand painted using acrylic paint. Chalks and oils were then applied to create highlights and shadows. Finally the entire piece was antiqued to bring out all the details, and then coated with a satin sealer to protect the paint and keep the colors vibrant for years to come.

Tilly was created in my smoke free studio in sunny California. She stands 6 inches tall by 4 inches wide and will come to you signed, dated and ready for display.

For a closer look at Tilly, and the rest of my Whimsicall~Funky Folk Art, click here:
Folk Art From The Heart

0 comments:

Post a Comment