Friday, August 13, 2010

New for the Holidays

Twila Twinkletoes






Twila Twinkletoes fancies herself a Prima Ballerina as she stands on Pointe atop her colorfully hand painted Christmas bell. Twila is all decked out in her favorite winter hat and scarf and her favorite pink ballerina toe shoes.

Twila was created by me, Kim Owens, using my own hand made paper clay. Once cured, she was hand painted using acrylic paint. Chalks and oils were used to create shadows and highlights. She was then antiqued to bring out all the details and finally the whole piece was sealed with a satin sealer to protect the finish and keep the colors vibrant for years to come.

Twila was created in my smoke free studio in Sunny California. She's the largest piece I've created yet, standing a full 20 inches tall by 6 inches wide. And because she's made from paper clay, she's very lightweight. She will come to you signed, dated and ready for display.

For a closer look at Twila and the rest of my Folk Art Creations, click here:

2 comments:

By Way of Salem said...

That is a wonderful piece!!! I totally love it! Jeannine

Kim Owens said...

Thanks Jeannine!

Post a Comment